Are you feeling like your Thanksgiving table needs a change? Tired of your typical autumn color palette? Then this post is for you! Let’s flip the table and try something different. Think rich colors like purples, reds and turquoise. And don’t forget our favorite color of the fall, mustard! Here are a few ideas to help change up your turkey day tablescape.
1. Do away with your traditional elements, try a paper runner instead of fabric. We love this runner from Hester and Cook with its beautiful design and pop of turquoise color.
2. Let your food speak for itself! Present your food on beautiful white platters that provide you with a blank slate to showcase that perfect turkey. We love this oversized oval platter from Bed Bath and Beyond. Don’t forget to use your 20% off coupon!
3. Bring the farm stand to your table. Replace your centerpiece with a thumb tack pumpkin (for inspiration, check out the pumpkin in our gold accent DIY post!) or use artichokes as name tag holders.
4. Don't be afraid to bring in pops of deep, rich hues with your lighter, earthier tones. They will add a sense of daring and sophistication.
5. Layer your patterns. Bring in a touch of fun with these funky printed J.C. Penny napkins.
6. Use wooden candle holders from Pier 1 to bring a touch of rustic to your table.
7. We love these wine glasses that bring just a touch of olive green to your design. Can’t beat the price either!
8. Flowers are a fantastic way to add life to your table. Fresh or Faux, no table is truly complete without them! Don't want to spend all that money? You can rent beautiful silk flowers here!
9. Bring it all together with simple mustard colored placemats.