We’re embracing the Monday Blues and using it as inspiration for our latest DIY – tinted glassware! This simple DIY adds a little extra pop of color to spice up your decorative glassware.
- Decorative Glassware of your choosing
1. Start off by setting up your workspace. We laid out one plastic grocery bag with two layers of paper towels as our work and drying space.
2. In a disposable bowl, combine a fair amount of Modge Podge with your desired food coloring. The exact amounts will vary based off of the size of your containers and how dark you want your tint to be, but trust us, you’ll need more Modge Podge than you think you will!
3. Once you’ve reached your desired color mixture, pour it into your first piece of glassware.
4. Simply turn and tip the container until the inside is completely coated.
5. If you’re making all of your jars the same color, pour the leftover mixture into the next jar. If you’re opting to create different tones like we did, pour the leftover mixture back into the disposable bowl. You can add more Modge Podge and coloring directly into this mixture to create your next color!
6. Place the container upside down on your paper towel and grocery bag area to let excess drip out.
7. Complete these steps for all of your glassware and let sit for a minimum of thirty minutes.
8. When you’re ready, preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
9. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, transferring the glassware onto the lined sheet, still upside down.
10. Bake the glassware upside down for roughly 30 minutes, then flip so that glassware is right-side up and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes. Baking time will vary depending on the oven and the size of your glassware, some of ours went for an extra 20 minutes!
11. Once your glassware is clear, remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!